Thursday, January 26, 2012

Asian Salmon

If you are anything like me, simple meals are often the best. My salmon looks wonderful and the taste is out of this world, but it's one of the easiest things I put together for dinner.


It requires just five ingredients... salmon, brown sugar, oil, garlic salt, and soy sauce.



I toss the wet and dry ingredients into a zip lock bag and squish it between my fingers to incorporate everything together before inserting my salmon and letting it marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours (sometimes overnight). You can turn the bag every so often to thoroughly coat the salmon.

Depending on your preference you can then spray a baking sheet covered in foil with cooking spray and lay your salmon on top to bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon, or... you can do what I do. I place the contents of the bag in my favorite pan and cook the salmon on the stove top with the marinade and about 1/4 cup of water. As the salmon cooks the marinade evaporates some and makes a great drizzle to go over the salmon and rice.

Enjoy!!

Asian Salmon
  • 3T soy sauce
  • 3T brown sugar
  • 2T oil
  • salmon
  • garlic salt, sprinkle on salmon to taste
And Christine just for you... if you're afraid your salmon will be too fishy, try squeezing some fresh lemon juice on the salmon before you place it in the marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment